Social distancing in the workplace. Need ideas? You have come to the right place. Advanced Furniture Solutions experts can help you accommodate employees as they return to work by enhancing your existing products and blending new solutions into the workplace.
The coronavirus pandemic has changed everything, including people’s trust in the places and spaces where we work. With the need for ongoing social distancing in the workplace, we must redefine the places we work—the office, health care areas, educational environments, and now more than ever, even the home. Advanced Furniture Solutions will retrofit your existing products, redesign your spaces, and re-imagine what’s next by embracing the unknown and empowering the human spirit through integrity, determination, and an eye toward what lies ahead. Together, we’ll craft the now, the near, and the next.
Preparing the Workplace
Businesses can create space division and reduce transfer of pathogens by simply adding dividers. Business owners luckily have several options available and can select the screen style that best fits their employees needs: Set-On Surface, Edge-Mount, Clamp-Mount, Full Metal Edge-Mount, or Freestanding.
As we all prepare to return to work, please take a moment to review this CHECKLIST FOR A HEALTHIER OFFICE developed by our business partner and office furniture veteran Kimball. I think it does an excellent job of outlining all the necessary steps to ensure a safe return to work environment and includes ideas for social distancing in the workplace.
Guidelines for Return to Work
• Ensure 6 ft. distance within workplace layouts.
• Reduce face-to-face positioning. Orient back-to-back or front-to-back with separation where possible.
• Separate seats wherever possible and reduce number of people in meeting spaces.
• Implement space division with screens and dividers positioned above the face to prevent direct transmission. Generally, 50” for seated height and 68” for standing height, the same as visual privacy.
• Provide enclosure and delineate space for further separation with partitions or storage.
• Shift from shared to single-use workspaces and reinforce DIY cleaning in addition to daily cleaning.
• Incorporate easily cleanable and bleach-cleanable materials where possible for surfaces that are touched.
• Indicate proper protocols with social distancing floor markings and signage.
• Create clockwise, one-way corridor traffic wherever possible and ensure widths for social distancing.
At Advanced Furniture Solutions, we will provide you with insights to help optimize your existing space and help to create a happy, healthy and productive workplace. We strive to give the best customer experience possible. Give us a call at (904) 398-0807, contact us online, or visit our showroom at 2826 Art Museum Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32207 Hours: Monday-Friday, 08:00-5:00. Saturdays by appointment only. You can also visit our second (NEW LOCATION) at 1801 S. Nova Rd., Ste. 107, South Daytona, FL 32119. (386) 262- 1014. Hours: By Appointment Only.
Jacksonville’s only Kimball Select Dealer and named as one of the Fastest 50 Growing Businesses by the Jacksonville Business Journal in 2016, 2017 & 2018, Advanced Furniture Solutions is a premier woman-owned office furniture and commercial flooring store in Jacksonville, Florida. A certified 8M, Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), AFS has been providing sustainable and affordable office solutions to organizations of all shapes and sizes in the Jacksonville area for over 20 years.